CAD Technician Internship
This position works with and supports our Engineering and Rail teams. He/She should have experience and working knowledge (or cross-over skills) with Civil 3D. We are looking for someone with great communication skills who enjoys being part of a team in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Performs and produces project design development (horizontal layouts, vertical design, utility, grading, and drainage designs, and construction plan creation), and calculations according to contract documents for clients.
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, updating plans from design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, plotting, and drafting using CAD platforms.
- Complete work according to standard engineering principles and practices and compliance with RITD high standards and quality procedures.
- Evaluates proposed freight railroad site plans in relation to site requirements and assists in making recommendations accordingly.
- Applies revisions to project drawings and calculations according to review comments from project team leaders on approved drawings and/or revisions
- Create and document concepts, sketches, models, layouts, submittals, and design instructions.
- Consults, assists and exchanges information with co-workers, clients, sub-contractors and/or vendors involved with RITD development projects.
- Contributes with updating project schedules, departmental reports and correspondence as needed for project.
- Exhibits a can-do attitude that is positive, supportive and cooperative
- Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate, and can efficiently solve problems
- Takes responsibility and accountability for actions
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt and embrace change
- Strong planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Team player
- Willing and eager to learn
- Solution oriented
- Customer/Client focus.
- Project Management
- Results Driven
Work Experience Requirements:
- Ability to understand and maintain CAD standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of basic engineering calculations