This position works with our Surveying team and Civil Engineering group under the supervision of the Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS). The scope of work to be performed will be primarily in topographic surveys of existing site conditions (existing site topography, ditch and channel cross-sections, culvert and manhole details, utility locations, etc.) as an important factor to be utilized during the engineering design phase of the project. Additionally, boundary work, construction staking, and as-built surveys will occasionally be required.
- Collect topographic data of existing and or new locations depending on project
- Set up, adjust and operate surveying equipment/instruments. Capture and collect data through global positioning (GPS), geographical information systems (GIS), and/or robotic total stations (RTS).
- Read and understand various technical documents including deeds, plats, and title reports, construction plans, easements, maps, engineering plans, etc.
- Measure, record and calculate data based on readings from surveying instruments/equipment.
- Set stakes for construction survey.
- Conduct research (as needed) by using resources such as survey maps and or legal documents to verify property lines and to obtain applicable information.
- Assist/help with processing/creating drawings and or computer images of data collected at project locations.
- Map and or transfer data from surveying instruments into computers
- Physically able to stand for long periods, walk considerable distances, while carrying equipment/instruments.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Familiarity with GPS systems and robotic systems (Trimble and/or Spectra)
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in field
- Experience with boundary analysis is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD MicroSurvey or Civil3D is preferred, but not required
- Exceptional communication skills for the purposes of attending on-site meetings to discuss project procedures and requirements.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and computer knowledge, in order to download field data into AutoCAD and complete linework from the field survey.
- Ability to travel as required for job.
- Knowledge and familiarization with OSHA QA/QC, and required PPE.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of a two-year Associate’s Degree with a mathematical focus is preferred, but not required.
- Valid TWIC card is highly preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license, and clear motor vehicle record